Please review the link to this year’s packet regarding the Chandler Rotary Track invitational, hosted by Chandler High School and the Chandler Rotary Service Club. This year we are still trying to upgrade our meet and look to do it in the following areas.
Changes that we hope to make this year include:
- Upgrade the coaches Saturday lunch to be catered
- A Thursday evening Coaches Social, wrist band and packet pickup.
- A couple of Unified Team events
Last year on Friday night, It was almost like a USATF meet, I believe that every athlete who was in attendance participated in the meet. We also had an unbelievable amount of open lanes. Please try to enter those you know will be in attendance. I also will need to know if your team will attend Friday only, Saturday only, or both days. Please complete the coaches Survey.
No outside food: will be allowed into the stadium this year. We are not talking about the granola bar that an athlete might have, but the 15 boxes of pizzas that teams bring in. The Rotary Club which puts several thousands of dollars into the meet makes their money back from AD sales and concessions. You can still buy the items, but we are asking that they not be brought into the stadium.
- Awards: We give merchandise awards for Saturdays events. First place gets first choice, then second place until 5th place. Last year there were several races where we had to keep calling for the winner or second place finisher to come and select their award. As a result several athletes or relays had to wait for a prolonged period of time to get their award. This year, if the individual does not report to the awards area, then they will be skipped in the choice process.
- Mile Split Mile and the Sally Meyerhoff Mile will be contested again this year.
- Relays: This year the top two relays finishing teams on Friday will have the opportunity to come back and compete on Saturday. (400 and 4x400 relays). If one of the top two teams chooses not to come back, then the opportunity will go to the third place team.
- Schedule Change: There will be some modifications to Friday's schedule, especially in regards to the 3200 meter run.
- Please pay attention to the qualifying mark for a third athlete. Each school is allowed two entries per event. IF you have three athletes that meet or exceed the qualifying standard, then you may enter three athletes for that event.
Not listed in this packet at this time will be Thursday night social and packet pick up, as those plans and location are not finalized.
The time schedule and entry procedure for unified events. We are planning on introducing at this time, a unified 4x100 relay race and a long jump competition. Since Unified competition is new to Arizona and to the Chandler Unified School District, I am not sure of the numbers we will be anticipating.
Current listed Friday schedule might still be modified.
Out of Town Teams: The weekend of March 23-24th is a high occupancy time of the year for hotels in Phoenix. There is spring training, PIRR event and a major softball tournament, in addition to the Chandler Rotary Track meet. Work early on making hotel reservations. The Chandler Rotary has teamed up with Courtyard Marriot and Fairfield Inn and Suites of Chandler. Room rates include full cooked breakfast for athletes. Rates start at $125 for quad rooms. Reservations for the Event can be made by individuals directly with Marriott reservations at 1.888.287.1811 (Courtyard). They may also call the Courtyard Chandler Fashion Center at 480-855-8600 to make their reservations. Guest must ask for the Rotary Track Meet Group Rate.
If you could please complete our survey or email me at Shapiro.firstname.lastname@example.org to tell me if your school will be attending the meet this year.